Workshops & Training
Join us as we explore a variety of inversions utilizing the Bowspring method of movement. Learn to efficiently and effectively align yourself to inspire a sense of lightness in your practice. Gain valuable tips throughout this challenging yet accessible offering.
With Mike Stewart (Austin TX) & Elisha Jane (YYJ).
What is the Bowspring?
**A curvy, springy, healthy posture.
**A dynamic postural template for optimal functionality and graceful movement for any body.
**A proportional, geometric relationship between the curves of the ribcage (heart), head and hips.
Bowspring is a functional, ergonomic, athletic, and therapeutic practice that aims to maintain your spinal curves and create more balanced harmony within the whole body. It helps to address modern day postural imbalances (such as the C-curve from increased slouching and sitting posture) due to technological advances. It is an evolution of modern postural yoga, with poses and posturing based on uniform muscular tone and fascial directionality. Working with 10 key areas of the body through a defined algorithm, Bowspring brings your body back to balance, strength, and vitality.
Join me to break down the Algorithm and understand the key alignment cue’s to this informed, scientific practice.
Evolve the way you move!
- Join us on Saturday, March 2nd at the San Diego Yoga Festival! The four of us will be leading a Bowspring class on the main stage at 3pm. You receive a complimentary ticket if you pre-pay for the workshop!
- Sunday March, 3rd: Elee will be leading a Wim Hof Workshop at Mesa Rim Climbing & Fitness in Mira Mesa (10 minutes from Yoga Bow)
- Monday, March 4th through Friday March 8th: 1:30pm-4:30pm & 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday March 9th & Sunday March 19th: 11am-2pm & 3pm-6pm
Topics of the training:
- The basics of the Bowspring Algorithm, and how to safely apply the algorithm to any body
- Teaching effective and mindful “Elementals” classes to beginners
- How to grow you own local Bowspring Community with minimal resources
- Utilizing Bowspring to effectively enhance the lifestyles of any 50/60+ population
- How to cultivate the most powerful Bowspring you can visualize for your students
- The most beneficial sequences of Bowspring for all populations
- Effective hands on assists
- Bowspring Philosophy
- Level 2 & 3 Bowspring Practices and Bowspring Inversions
- Using the Algorithm to create new Bowspring Postures
- Cultivating strong students who push their mind, fear and unnecessary boundaries
- How to incorporate Bowspring into your life outside the studio
- Full 7 day training = $800* USD EARLY BIRD $640 until January 1, 2019
- One day drop in = $140 USD
- Saturday and Sunday only = $250 USD
*Includes a complimentary ticket to the San Diego Yoga Festival (value $108)!
For full details visit: YOGA BOW BOWSPRING TRAINING