Hi my dears!
“Choosing to change requires a daily resolve to break familiar patterns...” Who else is feeling and seeing their shadows and their blocks like… hey little dark guy! I see my shit, and I choose to change. Change is in the small movements and commitments you make every moment, every day.
“If this full moon eclipse feels heavy with the weight of choice—your own agency—and, under that weight, a loosening of the ground beneath your feet, fear not. There are many goats within you who know how to scale a steep mountain and make it over. There are many cycles that came before this one, that came before you, and their wisdom is within you. Calling you forward into the light of emotional consciousness, where you have work to do.” – Gala
Happy Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Capricorn, my loves. Full moons represent completion and letting go. Capricorn is a cardinal sign which has qualities of beginning and action. Cardinal signs represent the beginning of each season. This moon represents movement, action, and change- by choice and necessity- on an emotional and physical plane. Capricorn is necessary to create our foundations and structures, to create and move into action, to manifest ideas into matter. Take note of what needs to be released so that you may create more space for what is waiting to move toward you. This is a time for revelations of the heart through vulnerability, a time to attune to our heart and feelings and allow these aspects of our being to guide and navigate us toward our truth. Trust that everything is happening in perfect timing, cyclic in nature, perfect like the seasons. Be with what is, look for the lessons, and trust your journey. Moon in Capricorn and Sun in Cancer is encouraging the balance and healing of the masculine and feminine. Look inside and notice where aspects of your self could use some balancing, and then step into those changes with authority and commitment, kindness and compassion.
Wishing you a day of rest, relaxation, reflection, and assimilation. Move, be in nature, and fill your cup with all the love.
Stay cool on these hot summer days and be well.
Music: I went to Basscoast Music Festival this past weekend, a last minute decision… I needed to be surrounded by my kind of free weirdos… and I needed a dose of dancing, sunshine, and good vibes.
Here are three DJ’s whose sets I really loved. When Basscoast releases their actual sets… I’ll send them along!
SABO: This is Sabo
Barisone: Sunset Set @ The Grove 2018
Huxley Anne: This chick slayeddddd!! But, might not be a set for everyone’s ears. XLR8R Podcast 528
Bums Of BOW! A YouTube Video for your bum! – Watch out- this one is fierce!
Lavender is one of my favourite oils. It’s scent is both masculine and feminine, the most unique floral, and reminds me of my mom. Lavender is known to be excellent at calming the nervous system and increasing your ability to communicate in sound and loving ways. It eases our insecurities, helping us to verbally express our true and authentic thoughts and feelings. Often, those needing lavender tend to hide within for fear of being fully seen. Typically, these insecurities of expression are rooted in the fear of potential rejection. Lavender encourages full, honest self expression, and allows for one to express their innermost thoughts and feelings. It is through open and honest communication that one finds the potential to experience unconditional love, acceptance, and peace of mind. Lavender is commonly used for anxiety, headaches, restlessness, insomnia, and depression. It is believed to have antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties.
- Negative emotions that lavender aids with: blocked communication, fear of rejection, racing thoughts, emotional dishonesty, hiding, feeling unseen, insecure, unloved.
- Positive properties that lavender encourages: open communication, honesty, calming of the nervous system, self aware, peace of mind.
Powers: Love, protection, sleep, longevity, purification, happiness, peace
- Use lavender and chamomile together for a sleepy-time tea.
- Diffuse lavender in the room with someone that is stressed or suffering from anxiety.
- Use diluted lavender essential oil as an antiseptic.
- Add lavender to homemade salves for healthy skin.
- Mix lavender with aloe to treat burns.
- Add lavender to your rosemary or sage smudge sticks for purification properties.
- Add a couple of lavender drops to your night time bath to prep yourself for sleep.
If you want to learn more about essential oils, let me know! I have lots of information on how you can incorporate these oils into your life. If you are looking for ways to eliminate the chemicals in your home, essential oils are a great way to do so! Wholesale accounts and business opportunities are available through me… Let me know if you want more information! doTERRA sources the highest quality, eco-friendly, sustainable, and fair trade oils available.
Lunar eclipse tarot reading… As always, take what resonates, leave the rest. The inquiry questions are my fave- always great questions to reflect upon.
Eclipse MOON Horoscopes & Musings
Spirit Daughter – “The key to life is to focus on the soul you want to understand the most- your own.”
♑️ LUNAR ECLIPSE IN CAPRICORN X SUN IN CANCER ♋️ Get ready for big change. This is the second Eclipse of the Summer’s Eclipse Season. It’s opening a portal for us to step through to make big shifts in our lives. Lunar Eclipses are supercharged Full Moons, giving us greater power to release, transform, and unblock our highest potential.
Capricorn is the sign of focus, determination and willpower. Capricorn’s energy reminds us that anything is possible. There are no barriers in Capricorn’s world, only hurdles to overcome. Capricorn opposes the Sun in Cancer this Eclipse, bringing her energy to light. Cancer draws our attention to our foundation and security. This energy reminds us that if we are to charge ahead into unknown territory we must feel supported, nourished and able to rely on ourselves.
Cancer and Capricorn together give us opportunity to nourish our core; the center of ourselves where the rest of our world revolves around. This stability takes boundaries, saying no, and releasing what distractions us. It also involves self-care and tending to our roots. Once our roots are nourished we can leap into the next phase of our life while the reassurance we always have somewhere to return if things get rocky. Feel into your center the Eclipse, release anything which makes you feel unfocused or unclear. Then from this firm platform take the leap you need to make.
Valerie Mesa – F U L L M O O N L U N A R E C L I P S E ♑️Can you feel that? The rumbling of change is totally consuming. Could it be Pluto’s wrath, as he sits alongside Saturn & the South Node, helping us purge past traumas while destroying toxic patriarchal systems? Or is it the North Node in Cancer, pulling us back into the womb of our mother’s mother’s mother? On July 16, a cathartic full moon partial lunar eclipse will illuminate the night sky in the sign of the mystical goat, but the grand finale of the Cancer-Capricorn eclipse series will take place in January 2020, so there’s still more to this story. In the meantime, think back to the new moon solar eclipse in Capricorn that took place on Jan. 5. How have you taken full responsibility for yourself since? Sitting conjunct Pluto Rx, this eclipse is equivalent to an emotional purge from the heavens. Themes related to ancestral trauma, and past wounds living deep within our psyche, could very well resurface during this time. Are you ready to turn the page once and for all? Think about it, now that you’ve hit the reset button on your emotional world, during the Cancer solar eclipse, how can you move forward and integrate that with your current reality? Remember, you are not the traditions, structures and/or foundations that were instilled in you as a child. On the contrary, you are an infinite & boundless spiritual being with an endless ocean of feels. So let your emotional truth be your guide, and never let anyone tell you otherwise. Your feelings and intuition are there for a reason and it’s time you to start taking them seriously, whether it be personally, professionally, or romantically speaking. Change is here.
The Cool Things
- Ho’oponopono: The Forgiveness Practice
“The only problem with human beings is that they are arrogant, because that’s what thinking is. This is in essence ‘I know’. Wisdom is being in the void. To be thoughtless. Only by being in the void can the Light come through. As long as I have something going on in my mind the Light can’t come through. The Light can only come in when the mind is cleared–in a state of silence.” – Dr Hew Len, Shamanic Wisdomkeepers
- PODCAST: Aubrey Marcus Podcast: The World Needs You with Gary Vaynerchuk: Powerhouse Gary Vaynerchuk stopped by Onnit for his second round on the podcast. While he describes his message as simple, the breadth of his wisdom is profound. In true AMP podcast fashion we venture off the beaten path, with Gary commenting on things as far reaching as the consequences of the impending dissolution of privacy, and the rise of open relationships. It’s clear that after this discussion, Gary has a lot more to say about life than just entrepreneurship.
- PODCAST: Mind Meld 162 – Dr. Bruce Lipton: Hacking the Subconscious and the Power of Perception
- ARTICLE: Mark Manson: No, You Can’t Make A Person Change
- Book Recommendation: The Invitation by Oriah: Shared by word of mouth, e-mailed from reader to reader, recited over the radio, and read aloud at thousands of retreats and conferences, “The Invitation” has changed the lives of people everywhere. In this bestselling book, Oriah expands on the wisdom found within her beloved prose poem, which presents a powerful challenge to all who long to live an authentic life. In a world of endless small talk, constant traffic jams, and overburdened schedules, “The Invitation” opens the door to a new way of life — a way of intimacy, honesty, and peace with ourselves, others, and the world around us. Oriah invites us to embrace the varieties of human experience, from desire and commitment to sorrow and betrayal, and to open ourselves to all that is possible. The Invitation is an invaluable guide to overcoming the obstacles that stand in our way and to discovering the true beauty that life has to offer. Accept the invitation and open yourself to a more meaningful life.
- Monthly Forecast: Friction by Lena Stevens – July 17-23: Your life may feel like it is fragmented and in total disarray at this time. The chaos of it all may cause a different form of friction. Follow the spark of positive intent and don’t obsess about not having everything in perfect organization. In fact, it is best to hold a bit of space for things to be disorganized and chaotic with the intention that everything will fall into a good new place in its right timing.This is a time that also supports community and connection, cooperation and new projects, inspiration and the energetic support of moving forward. Watch impatience as everything requires a right timing to end up in the right place. Revisit your “containers”, what supports different aspects of your life and use whatever irritation you feel as a friction to ignite change where you need it. The challenge here will be other people’s projection and judgment. Be proactive, ruthless and courageous.
This epic practice has transformed my body and my life! You need it. This is the place to start. I spent many hours making this set of basics on bowspring… From the break-down of the algorithm (as quickly and painlessly as I could), to pose break-downs, to beginner and entry level classes. This will be the series of videos that will take you to a place where you feel comfortable moving into live level one and two offerings with other amazing bowspringers around the world. We want you there. Join our tribe… Begin now! xoxo
Because I love you- And, because it’s eclipse season, big work, and big karmic evolution- I am offing you this course for 50% off from July 16 – July 23, 2019.
Use the code: ECLIPSE to redeem this discount. Loving you to the moon! Eclipse Promo: Intro to Bowspring
I have space to work with two new students who are looking for mentorship in movement, life, breathwork, nutrition, love, business, spirituality, and more. I will work with you to create a mentorship program that fits your needs. A collaboration of expansion, as unique and wonderful as you.
If you are looking to expand, in any area of your life- I would love to work with you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A growing collection of Bowspring Vimeo Videos. Join up!
Breath In Motion: A Bowspring & Breathwork Retreat
Date: September 30 – October 7, 2019
Location: Umbria, Italy
Accommodation: The Sanctuary by Caimeli
Space for: 12 guests
Teachers: Jennifer Metzger & Elisha Jane
- 10 Bowspring Classes / Workshops
- Breathwork with Jennifer & Elisha
- Morning Hiking Excursion
- Authentic Pasta Making Evening
- Chef-made Vegetarian Meals
- Beautiful accommodations nestled upon an olive orchard and rolling mountains
- An amazing group of humans to have an unforgettable week away with
Facebook Event: Breath in Motion | Umbria, ITL
restore to life or consciousness
A weekend of bowspring, breathing, nature… To rest, restore, and reconnect to yourself and to the beautiful humans who create our rising tribe.
Facebook Event: | REVIVE |
BOUTIQUE STYLE, GOOD VIBES BOWSPRING + SURF RETREAT IN SRI LANKA
10 days of Bowspring bliss in the junglely, beautiful, majestic Sri Lanka!
Bow + Surf Immersion Sri Lanka
Date: February 22 – March 2, 2020
Location: Welligama, Sri Lanka
Accommodation: Green Peace Inn
Space for: 14 guests
- 2 Bowspring classes per day // Handstand workshops
- One free day of exploring
- Group Surf Lesson
- Choice of deep tissue or secret root Ayurvedic full body massage
- Breathwork with Martina & Alex
- 2 vegan meals daily, with freedom to explore for your 3rd meal
- Beautiful ocean front accommodations
- An amazing group of humans to have an unforgettable getaway with
Facebook Event: Sri Lanka 2020
Love you all to the fullest eclipse moon!